Saturday, September 12, 2009

This might just blow some Bears fans minds

It certainly did for me.
http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/smarterstats/2009/09/bart-scott-tackles-stops-defeats.html
Check out where one Danielle Manning is on the list of safeties.



Yes that Danielle Manning is ahead of Troy Palomalu in terms of defeats (or an effective measure of the quality of a persons tackling). Yes that's right Danielle Manning. I don't know what this means for his coverage skills (which I still think are bit weak), but it means he is a sure tackler and a somewhat useful defender. Also Urlacher and Briggs are among the few 4-3 backers who rate highly here (no surprise here I supose). Harris and Alex Brown also are very good at their repsective positions (which I suspected based on how poorly teams have run to the right end and up the middle while Harris and Alex Brown have been in Chicago).

So what do you guys (and gals) think about this? Is Danielle Manning any good in light of this new information or was it a one year fluke? Are his coverage skills still too suspect to trust him at FS?


I changed the commenting system. All new comments will go through intense debate. It's set up as a Login/User to comment thing, but I can change that if anyone wants me to.