Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Do the Packers have a bye week this weekend? I haven't heard if there's a game

Really though, the game this week should be tons of fun to watch, despite the fact I'm expecting it to be a bloodbath. I don't have any ill will towards Favre for joining the Vikings - it's pretty much the perfect situation for him since he won't feel like he has to carry that offense. I think Rodgers is a better QB than Favre to run the Packers current pass-oriented offense and I trust him more than Favre under pressure at this point. Which is a good thing, since the Packers pass blocking has been horrible this season and the Vikes might have the best defensive line in football. The Packers defense has been spotty thus far too - facing Adrian Peterson and a under-less-pressure Favre isn't a good recipe for a defense that is still learning its new scheme. I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers pick off Favre once or twice, but the Minnesota offense is likely to have its way with this team, and they're playing at home. I think the Packers easily lose this game by double digits.